Sunday, December 4, 2016

DIY Mason Jar Advent Calendar

Hello! Today we're making advent calendars using mason jars. You will need:


  • Mason jars (I used 8, but you can use how many you want)
  • Paper (I used old magazines)
  • Scissors
  • Glue (I used spray adhesive)
  • Compass
  • Permanent marker
  • Treats or small toys to put in the mason jars


First, make a circle with a radius of 1.25 inches using your compass. This will be the template for the labels on the mason jars.


Using your template, trace out as many circles as you have jars. I traced 8.


Cut the circles out.


With your permanent marker, write a number on each of the circles starting from 1. I did numbers    1-8.

Then, on a scrap piece of paper, flip the numbered pieces of paper over and put glue on them. If you are using spray adhesive like I did, make sure it is in a well ventilated area.


Flip the pieces of paper over and put them on the mason jar lids.


Now it's time to put treats in the jars! Feel free to put anything you want in the jars. I put in candy, stickers, and small toys.


Close up the jars, and you're done! These are how mine turned out:


This DIY was super easy to make. It's a bit time consuming, but totally worth it! These calendars make great gifts, or just to have for yourself! I hope you try these out sometime!

Until next week,
-Vasti

No comments:

Post a Comment