Saturday, August 15, 2015

DIY Silly Bandz Art

Hello! Today we're going to make art out of Silly Bandz. This is similar to string art, but much easier. I don't know about you, but when I was younger, Silly Bands were very popular. When they went out of style, I didn't know what to do with them, until I came across this really cool DIY. You will need:
  • A piece of wood
  • Silly Bandz
  • Nails
  • Hammer

The first thing to do is to nail down all of your nails into the wood. I went outside, so I didn't damage my table when hammering. 

As you can see, my nails don't look perfect, as they are crooked and the wood has some holes, so be careful and take your time during this process. The last step is to take out your Silly Bandz and go all out! Be creative. This is how mine looks:

And that's it! This DIY was easy and fun, but also a bit dangerous. When I was hammering the nails down, I accidentally hammered my own finger several times, so I suggest taking your time and being very careful. I really liked how it turned out, and I also liked how different you can make the design. I hope you try this out!
Until next week,
-Vasti



No comments:

Post a Comment