Saturday, August 1, 2015

DIY Tumblr Notebooks

Hello! Today I am going to show you how to make your own notebooks. My school doesn't start for a month, but I like to make school supplies earlier. This is not just putting paper on already made notebooks; this is a full on DIY! Let's get into it:

You will need:
  • White cardstock
  • Photo paper
  • Spray glue
  • White glue
  • Binder clips
  • Lined paper
  • Duct tape
  • Paper bag
  • Scissors

The first thing to do is to make your collage for the cover. I googled 'tumblr pictures' on Google, and used PicMonkey to make a collage. Then print the collage on glossy photo paper.

Next, lay a paper bag on the floor to prevent a mess. Then take a piece of cardstock and use spray glue to adhere it onto the back of the collage. This is now your front cover. To make the back cover, just use another piece of cardstock.

To make the inside of the notebook, take some lined, graph, or plain paper. Place binder clips on 3 of the edges to make sure the paper doesn't move around.

Then, put some white glue on the edge that isn't binder-clipped. Wait until it dries, and add as many layers as needed, until the paper won't separate. 


Unfortunately, I totally forgot to take pictures of this, but I hope you can get the gist by my directions. Remove the binder clips, and align the front and back covers to the glued edge. After that, add more binder clips to assure the front cover, paper, and back cover don't move. Then add your duct tape on the side, to make it look like a spine. I used black gorilla tape for durability. This is how it looks like when done:

I really liked how this turned out. I think this is my most favorite DIY I have done so far. It took some time to make, but it was so worth it! It wasn't very hard, and I like that you can change the whole look of the notebook by changing the cover or the kind of tape. I really hope you try this out!
Until next week, 
-Vasti










No comments:

Post a Comment