Saturday, July 25, 2015

DIY Shrinky Dinks

Hi! Today I'm going to show you how to make your own shrinky dinks. Let's get into it:

You will need:

  • Permanent markers 
  • #6 plastic (in every plastic container there is a little triangle in the corner or bottom. In the triangle there is a number. in this post you have to use a container that has the number 6 in it.)
  • Scissors












The first thing to do is to cut out your plastic. I cut the box in a square shape. Then with your permanent markers, draw anything you want on your plastic.











Then cut out the shapes.









After that, preheat your oven or toaster oven to 350° F. Put your plastic pieces on wax or parchment paper, and stick them in the oven.











Then, just keep a close eye on them. Mine took about 5 seconds to shrink, but it depends on the oven. Also, you don't want to burn them! If yours curl up, don't worry. The plastic will flatten out. You know when they're done when they curl up and flatten out. After shrinking, this is how mine turned out:









This DIY was so fun to make, and was so much easier than I expected! I never thought that I could make my own shrink film at home, so it was really cool! I loved how the plastic shrunk so much and made the designs really cute. I hope you try this out!
Until next week,
-Vasti

No comments:

Post a Comment