Wednesday, August 31, 2016

DIY Paint Sample Wall Art

Hello! Today we're making wall art out of paint samples. You will need:
  • Paint samples in different shades of the same color- I chose orange
  • Hexagonal cutter
  • Glue stick
  • Ruler
  • Pencil
  • Cardstock or cardboard
  • Scissors
  • Picture frame






First off, punch out hexagons out of the paint samples with the cutter. An alternative is to freehand hexagons and cut them out with scissors. I used about 30.



Once you have your hexagons cut out, draw a bigger hexagon on the piece of cardstock or cardboard. I used a ruler to mark my measurements. 


Then, move the hexagons so the different shades are together.


Arrange the hexagons to form a honeycomb pattern inside the drawn hexagon. You could make the shades go in a random order, but I chose to go with an ombre effect. I used a pencil to trace the outlines so I wouldn't forget the arrangement.


Now it's time to glue! With your glue stick, glue the hexagons down. When everything is dry and secure, cut the outline of the cardstock and glue it onto a bigger piece of paper that fits your desired frame.


Put everything inside the frame, and you're done! This is how mine turned out:


This DIY was super fun to make, and cost no money to make, since paint samples are free. It was a bit time consuming, but overall really easy. I really like how different you can make the colors and shades. You could also try doing this with old magazines instead of paint samples. You should definitely try this out!

Until next week,
-Vasti

No comments:

Post a Comment