Saturday, March 21, 2015

DIY Canvas Art

Hi! Today I will show you how to make abstract canvas art!

You will need:

  • Bleeding art tissue paper (It has to be the bleeding kind, or else it will not transfer onto the canvas)
  • Canvas
  • Punch (like a hole punch, but in shapes- I used a hexagonal one)
  • Paint or foam brush
  • Water











The first thing I did was get all of my tissue paper, and cut it using the hexagonal punch. You might want to feed multiple sheets of the tissue paper at once, because the tissue paper is too thin. I put in  3-4 sheets at once. To add support, I put a piece of normal printer paper along with the tissue.











Once the tissue paper was all cut out, the next thing I did was put my water into a cup. I then got out my foam brush and brushed my canvas with water, making sure to get it all covered, but not drenched.

After that, I arranged my hexagons into a puzzle, since they all fit together. Mine now looked like this:











After that, I waited for it to dry. It took about 45 minutes, so I waited for it to dry. This is the final result:












As you can see, it is really abstract, and has pastel colors. It is lighter than I expected, but I really like the final result. It was really fun, easy, and I really enjoyed making it!

Until next week,
 -Vasti

No comments:

Post a Comment