Friday, April 17, 2015

DIY Dish Soap Silly Putty

Hi! Today I will show you how to make silly putty out of dish soap.
You will need:

  • 1 1/2 tablespoons dish soap
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • Toothpick














The first thing I did was mix the two ingredients together in a small bowl for about 10 seconds. After that, it should slightly come together. If it is runny, add more cornstarch. If it is dry and cakey, add more soap If you want it colored, I recommend adding gel food coloring, because if you add the liquid kind, the soap will react to the water in it.

After the soap and cornstarch were combined, I ditched the toothpick and went at it with my hands. It worked much better, just my hands got a little messy.

And that's pretty much it! Here it the finished product:












As you can see, my hands were a little messy. I loved making this DIY because it was so easy and fast. It also had all of the ingredients you probably already have at home, which is pretty convenient. It only took me about 2 minutes to make. I also liked that the putty was moldable, yet when I stopped playing with it, the putty turned to a lava-like consistency. I really hope you try it out sometime!

Until next week,
-Vasti

No comments:

Post a Comment