Friday, April 3, 2015

DIY Temporary Tatoos

Hi! Since today I don't have school, you get an early post from me! Today I will show you how to make temporary tattoos! Let's get into it:

You will need:

  • Dark-colored Gel Pen
  • Normal Printer Paper
  • Sponge
  • Scissors
  • Optional: Hairspray
The first thing I did was figure out my design. The tattoo will stay on your skin for a few days, so choose wisely! If you don't know what to do, just look up tattoo designs on google. But of course, I chose a koala. Note: If you are using letters, make sure to print the image in mirror.

After I printed the design, the next thing I did was get my gel pen out and it, using as much ink as possible on one line. Make sure you get a TON of ink on there!














Next, while the ink was still wet, I quickly got my sponge and soaked it in warn water. Then I cut out my koala into a small rectangle for easy application.















Then I put the picture face-down into the place where I wanted the "tattoo". I put the sponge over the picture, and placed it on the area for 15-20 seconds. When I removed the tattoo, to be honest, was not how I expected it to look like. It was blurry, and it looked faded.














Oh well, nothing a sharpie can't fix! To make it look better, I went over the ugly tattoo to make the lines crisper. If you want to make it last longer, you can put some hairspray on it. This of the final result:














This DIY was pretty easy and straightforward. It was kind of fun, and really quick. I do recommend doing this, just be careful with the application process. Have fun!

Until next week, 
     -Vasti



No comments:

Post a Comment