Saturday, May 23, 2015

DIY Marble Mugs

Hi! Today I will show you how to make these cool marble-looking mugs. Let's begin:

You will need:

  • White Ceramic Mug
  • Nail Polish
  • Warm Water
  • Old/ Disposable Container big enough for your mug
  • Cotton pads
  • Nail Polish remover
  • Toothpick
  • Paper Towels
  • Optional: Dishwasher Safe Mod-Podge













First, I put the warm water into my old container.













Then, I added a few drops of nail polish. I wanted my design different than it was when I poured the nail polish into the container, so I used a toothpick to make the design better.













After that, before the water cooled down, I dipped the mug into the water. Very carefully, I lifted the mug out of the polish. If you don't like how the design looks when you take it out, you can dip a cotton pad into some nail polish remover, and it comes right off. Then you can start over. It took me a couple of tries, but I finally got the look I wanted. After I had the look I wanted, I dabbed the design dry with a paper towel. Then I let it dry for about 2 hours. After that, I put a layer of Dishwasher-Safe Mod Podge on the design, and I was done! This is how it turned out:













This DIY was very cool to do. The design was pretty easy to achieve, and it didn't take that long, except for the dry time. I hope you try this simple DIY out!
Until next time, 
-Vasti

No comments:

Post a Comment